Have a Question?
My plugin installation fails on Windows 10
Windows 10 Fall Update introduced a new Windows Defender feature called "Controlled Folder Access" to prevent ransom-wares taking control of your computer. Unfortunately, this feature seems to block some installers from copying the files to the locations required by the plugin.
A workaround is to temporary disable CFA, install the plugin and enable it again.
Please follow the steps below:
- Open Windows Defender Security Center
- Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings
- Scroll down to Controlled Folder Access
- Temporarily turn off Controlled Access
- Then try running the installer and see if it completes
- Turn Control Access back to on